Learning Unlimited is a social enterprise.
We believe in learning as empowerment.
We’re creative and passionate about what we do.
We’re young at heart but we’ve been around the block.*
We’re experts across the specialisms of literacy, language, numeracy, family learning and teacher education.
We work with FE colleges, charities, and other third sector organisations, prisons, schools, children’s centres, unions, libraries, museums and workplace settings. Here are just some of the things we offer:
- Accredited teacher training including AET and DET
- CPD courses and workshops for professionals working with adults and families from minority groups and living in areas of deprivation, including Working with bi-lingual families, Language awareness for frontline workers and Skills for life awareness
- Training for volunteers, befrienders, adult learning mentors and primary teaching assistants
- A wide range of accredited and non-accredited courses for adults including a wide range of Family Learning courses, Family language, literacy and numeracy, ESOL, Functional Skills English and Maths
PROJECT AND CONSULTANCY WORK
- We lead projects and relish the opportunity to work in partnership, too. Some of our recent projects and consultancy work include funders and organisations such as the GLA, EIF, EFT, NIACE, OFT, Royal School of Military Engineering and the Victoria and Albert Museum
- External evaluations for UK-based, European and international projects
- Critical reading and English support for European and international projects reporting in English
- Consultancy services including quality assurance, project management, skills for life in the workplace
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
- We undertake and contribute to research and impact assessments
- We produce and publish a wide range of publications and on-line teaching and learning resources
We work across the UK and Europe – and we do international work, too.
We work together with marginalised people to help reduce isolation, boost knowledge, skills and confidence, foster more cohesive communities and support integration.
Please feel welcome to contact us for an informal chat about how we can work with you.