Family workshops in Westminster
Register now for Learning Unlimited’s nationally-acclaimed Teaching Basic Literacy to ESOL learners (TBLEL) course
- Do you work with ESOL learners who are beginner readers/writers?
- Would you like to develop your skills to support them?
This is a new blended version of the nationally acclaimed TBLEL course we have been running for more than 15 years. The course covers the theory and practice of working with learners who have basic literacy needs. Trainers Judy Kirsh and John Sutter will lead 4 x 3-hour face-to-face sessions, plus additional online learning to equip participants with ideas, strategies and skills enabling them to:
- explore the key debates in teaching ‘basic’ literacy
- analyse the development of reading and writing skills
- develop their knowledge of teaching and learning approaches
- design and select appropriate resources and materials
- assess and respond to their learners’ needs more easily
- differentiate, manage and plan individual sessions and courses
- develop their understanding of dyslexia and learning differences
You need to be a qualified ESOL teacher, teaching ESOL in the post-16 sector and working with beginner readers and writers.
Where: Learning Unlimited, WC1H
When: 26th April, 24th May, 21st June, 19th July 2017
Time: 3.30pm – 6.30 pm
Cost: £400 per participant
To book a place, please download and complete this application form or for more information, contact Ian Foster on firstname.lastname@example.org
To get first notification of our events, why not join our mailing list here.